Rena Filstar XP1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeathB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked up my first canister filter today. All the time I hear people praising these things, but man oh man. Attaching this tubing is a royal pita! I think I'm going to have blisters on my hands when all is said and done.:mad:

*scratches head*

Never any trouble here. Blisters?

The tubing is just way too tight to fit on the piping. I read on their site to try soaking the tubes in some hot water, but its just not very helpful. At least I know that if I ever get these things on I'll rarely if ever have any tube related leaks.

Really? That's interesting. I've only set up XP2+, I wonder if the tubing is different. What diameter is it? You'll love it once it's set up. They really are good filters.

Really? That's interesting. I've only set up XP2+, I wonder if the tubing is different. What diameter is it? You'll love it once it's set up. They really are good filters.

Let me grab my dial calipers...lol. I'm not sure, but once I got it onto the ribbed part it didn't want to go any further.

If you get the water really hot and leave it there until the tubing is very soft you shouldn't have that much of a problem. Didn't you see the add for this filter where a child put it together.......NOT
Really if you get the tubing really soft you shouldn't have that much of a problem.

i have 3 xp2's no prob with any of them
i use to do sprinklers and when we had that tube prob we use to heat up the tube with small propane tourch worked every time and sprinklers have way more pressure then any filter give it a try just heat the tube dont melt it

Back
Top Bottom