rena vs. fluval

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
does anyone have both? i want to know which is quietest. i'm looking at either an xp2 or the 404 for my 55gal. i love my emperor 400, but with the a.c. on too... there's an awful lot of white noise in my living room... i've looked into both filters and i think functionality is pretty even between them, so it really comes down to which makes the least amount of noise.

I run both types of filters on my tanks. I have a 404 and a XP-2 on my 80, a XP-2 on my 46 and a XP-3 on my 50. I can not hear either filter unless there is a little air trapped in it after service. I must admit though that I do have a slight loss of hearing so whether or not I would hear it if I had better hearing I do not know. 2 of the 3 tanks are set up in the spare bedroom and we have quite a few visitors that stay the night and none have ever complained about the noise.

On the other hand I do find the Renas easier to service though. They are both straight forward to service, but I find the removal and repacement of the tops much easier on the Renas.The Renas also have recesses built in to the tops to carry them when cleaning.The Fluvals do not.

Back
Top Bottom