Rena XP4, EcoAqualizer, & Garlic Xtreme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flowerhorn45

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Three items that I am interested in hearing from the forum for any comments/experience on Rena XP4, EcoAqualizer, & Garlic Xtreme.
I am wondering if what I have read and heard are true:
1. Is Rena XP4 so bad that people do not like it?
2. Eco Aqualizer is supposed to keep your water clean and disease free thus reducing the frequency in changing the water? True, False, or just a sales pitch?
3. Garlic Xtreme is supposed to help keep bacteria, fungus, and parasites off your aquarium and also entice those fishes that do not eat to "eat"

Three items that I am interested in hearing from the forum for any comments/experience on Rena XP4, EcoAqualizer, & Garlic Xtreme.
I am wondering if what I have read and heard are true:
1. Is Rena XP4 so bad that people do not like it? No...
2. Eco Aqualizer is supposed to keep your water clean and disease free thus reducing the frequency in changing the water? True, False, or just a sales pitch? Sounds like false marketing hype to me
3. Garlic Xtreme is supposed to help keep bacteria, fungus, and parasites off your aquarium and also entice those fishes that do not eat to "eat" I've read alot that says garlic boosts the immune system of fish... it does not keep parasites or diseases out of an aquarium though

My answers/opinions in bold ;)

1: I think a Fluval is a much better buy than a Rena Filstar.

2: don't know

3: Garlic does not boost the immune system. I have never seen any support for this claim. I usually see it claimed as the 'real effect' of garlic by those skeptical of its parasite killing properties. I have however found scientific articles that found that it will actually kill parasites, bacteria, and fungi. I have also had experiences that support this. However, I personally have not found that liquid garlic supplements do this, I have only found that NLS Thera+A or freshly pressed garlic will do it. The chemical responsible is called allicin. I also do not think it would do it at the level claimed (killing things throughout the tank even if not eaten). I also have not personally found or talked to anyone who has found it to kill bacterial or fungal infections.

Thanks for the link, saw it in the other post too.

I still found those scientific articles (what has been studied and supported) and they did show that the allicin in garlic will actively kill parasites.

I have my opinion and articles and you have yours. We will leave it at that. Good discussion.

1 i really like the renas thats only what i run good filter. what size of tank are you setting up?
2 mfd said just marketing
3 QT your fish will keep bugs you of your system. there are foods with garlic in them to help simulate eating. you can also just use your own garlic and soak the food first. one of those things i think unless something is wrong really no need to worry about it.

I have my opinion and articles and you have yours. We will leave it at that. Good discussion.

Yes, but there is a difference between scientific articles and a popular article where scientific articles are reinterpreted for the scientists who wrote them.

Last thing I`m going to say about it. I have provided my articles as have others on the other thread. We have done our job providing our articles and fact. That`s all I`m saying.

Back
Top Bottom