Replacing my T5 bulbs, suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patroklos

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I have been running my Nova Extreme Pro T5 36" 6x39w fixture for six months now with the stock bulbs. I think it is past due for a bulb replacement/upgrade. Over at Reef Central I was recommended these bulbs:

ATI Blue Plus
UVL 75/25
ATI Blue Plus
GE 6500K
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue Plus

Any comments/suggestions on that setup? The only concern I have with these is that they lack a powerful antitic. The tank is almost entirely LPS, no SPS.

Sounds about right. I heard with that lighting structure it will give your System a better look and a overwhelming good coral growth. I'd say yes. I was looking at almost the same set up once my Nova Bulbs are gone and done. I was going to do 4 ATI Blue Plus, 1 UVL 14K 50/50 and one 10K Super Daylight, With the 14K50/50 I heard it gives your Tank a nice Pink color but it gives your Coral a nice Pop to them... From what I've been reading, I haven't tried it yet but once that time come I will be....

Duh. Correction I heard it's mostly for SPS corals but I guess if you have LPS it shouldn't make a difference...

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the advice.

Yeah, no SPS for me right now, I really am a fan of the LPS and while I may dabble in SPS at a later date I am going to stick with what I have for the duration of this tank I think.

Next time though... ;)

Back
Top Bottom