Hi Everyone! I've had a 125 gallon freshwater tank for the last 4 years and I am getting it replaced under warranty so I have the option of going to a larger/different tank and paying the difference. So I'm thinking about going to the 150 with dual overflows built in (Aqueon). I have a Fluval FX5 currently. From what I have researched, the Fluval FX5 would have to go if using dual overflows. Eventually I do want to do a saltwater tank, but can't right now because of the cost of all the equipment and materials.
So I am thinking of going to the 150 gallon and selling the FX5 and using that money towards a sump that will work great for a saltwater tank and good for a freshwater tank as well. I was looking at the Eshopps r-300 as a good sump and will buy two eheim 3000 pumps for this.
I wanted to know your thoughts to make sure what I am thinking makes sense to do or not. Or should I just be getting a freshwater sump and wait to get a saltwater sump when I am ready to switch?
Thanks in advance.