reptile or aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobberwobber

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so i aquired 4 more tanks today. a 20, 30, 55 and 75 gal tank.
the 75 though, im not sure about.
it doesnt have a bottom frame. its all 3/8th glass, and has a top frame, but no center brace and the bottom has no frame. the bottom glass is set up higher, about an inch or so in the tank, and the tank sits on the side glass pieces.
is this a reptile tank? just seems a little strange, all the water weight would be pushing down on the silicone on that bottom glass, instead of the frame and stand taking the weight.
i plan on getting a new frame for it, and ill probably remove that glass and set it flush with the sides, adding a frame. as its a standard 48x18 frame. just wondered if this is a reptile tank or if anyone has seen fish tanks, designed like this...

only paid $60 for all 4, so cant complain. all were used for snakes, so all need resealing and cleaning, but i plan to refurbish them and resell them again. maybe turn one 55 into a sump/refugium.

No, i would say this is a 75 gallon aquarium that the bottom frame broke off.

i just dismantled it. one of the side pieces was about fallen out. after closer examination, you are correct, it used to have a frame, there is silicone around the bottom and sides on the outside.
ill get a couple new frames for it and reassemble it. glass is in good condition, if not little dirty.

probably still not big enough for her dogfaced puffer though lol. although she already suggested it.

Ya, a 75g is too small for a dog facced puffer. I would say clean and resell if you don't use them. Nice find BTW.

Back
Top Bottom