Resealing tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bmac

Aquarium Advice Activist
How hard would it be to reseal a 450 gallon aquarium with plywood trim?

Attachments

• 1394524578407.jpg
    1394524578407.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 1394524589628.jpg
    1394524589628.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 1394524603088.jpg
    1394524603088.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 74
It's on Craigslist and it needs to be resealed. I'm trying to see if it is worth resealing. Yes it does leak.

It's really simple honestly aquarium safe silicon . How bass the leak and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Well it's a great price that's for sure I would ask further into the leak situation and know its gonna take a lot of friends to help move it lol. And if your going to do saltwater know that your going to put a lot of money into it I have a 150 I know lol.

Oh yes I know. I have a 125 and I have put a chunk of change into it already.

Lol ok we'll if it's just the creases I would go for it but if it has a crack idk.

I emailed him to see so as soon as I get a response I will update.

I would love to have that and convert my 125 to a sump for it.

You shouldn't have to mess with the trim as far as I can see it looks good probably wouldn't hurt staining it again which is also simple.

Ya I agree that would be a show piece for sure especially for the price your paying.

If paint the trim jet black! Something to consider.. If this thing leaks already, not saying it can't be fixed but the amount of pressure in that tank is going to put your skills to the test..

A tank that size for $400 is probably worth taking a punt on even if it can't be fixed. You could probably sell the individual glass pieces on for a good price or break them down and make smaller tanks you could recoup the money from. I hope it works out for you anyway.

I think I'm going to do it. Just waiting for a reply from the guy.

Worst case scenario I turn it into a terrarium. Always wanted a ball python

What! That's a big tank!!! My crappy lfs has a 500g rimless tank that's only 2 ft high that I want but it's horribly used and he wants 4k

Sounds like most lfs. I'm still waiting for a response. It looks as if it is pre drilled and reef ready. If I can get it I would have to wait until I move to set it up. The weight of this bad boy would be pushing over 3 tons.

Back
Top Bottom