Retrofit for AGA Pine Canopy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twodaend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75 gallon AGA tank with the AGA pine canopy. I'm not sure excatly what I want to keep, still researching, but I know I want to keep some of the easier corals. I don't think I'll be getting into the more diffcult corals anytime soon.

Right now, I'm look at the T-5 lighting. I've really been looking at the TEK LIGHT T-5, 48" Light Fixture 4 x 54W lamps or the NOVA Extreme 48" T-5 Fixture 4 x 54W. As I was looking, I was wondering if I could get something that I could attach to the top of the canopy rather than sitting on the glass cover or being put on legs? If so, what exactly should I get. I've seen a few things, but not exactly sure what I'm getting, and what I need. Any links would help.

Thanks

A couple of things. If you are going to be doing a SW reef you will need to get rid of the glass cover. You will need the O2 gas exchange that is provided by an open top. Most of the time lighting for a reef is pretty intense, even for the lower light corals, that is the reason that many of those fixtures you are looking at have legs, they have to be off the surface of the water.

The NOVA extreme will work well for you but you will need to have it on it's legs, if you are wanting to suspend something over the tank then the TEK Light will work better for you. Either way these are good choices. If you want to get into more custom stuff you will need to look at some retrofit kits.

Back
Top Bottom