right now bacteria?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VonUberReefer

Aquarium Advice Regular
is this a scam or what? i thot i posted a response in another thread but the thread is locked, so maybe i just missed something..
i kinda wanna try it but i'm not sure if it's a waste of money like 99% of the other bacteria stuff

is this a scam or what? i thot i posted a response in another thread but the thread is locked, so maybe i just missed something..
i kinda wanna try it but i'm not sure if it's a waste of money like 99% of the other bacteria stuff
i think if you add that stuff to the tank your cycle will only be about 25 days, instead of the usual 28.;)

oh, so you didn't use this stuff?
i wonder why there isn't more reviews on the internet, and how it got to be number 1 on about.com ha

no, i would not waste my money on something like that. i'd rather spend it on corals or fish that will do just fine after a cycle that will build a bacteria colony suitable for the system.

they boast of not having to do water changes any more to reduce nitrates once you use this stuff. that's total B.S.
if you are adding nutrients to the system, you will have to take it out. nothing is going to allow you to add an unlimited amount of food to the system without seeing adverse effects.
aren't those reviews written by the guy who is trying to promote it?

I agree with Mr X. That stuff is trash and dont waste your money on it. Save your money for something worthwhile.

i agree spending money on fish or corals is a better idea :)
but just out of curiosity, you guys have not tried it right? so how do you know it's junk? i'm sure that was said about biospira when that came out ha! i won't ever talk down about something until i try it, "that's just ignorance talking" my grandma would say.
i would just like to know if this works, because it's a dry compound unlike biospria which is more sensitive to storage...
i would rather have spent a little on this than extra fish especially if i had a tank crash or the like.

I dont need to try it. It`s a waste of money because it`s not needed. An old fashion cycle will accomplish the same thing and take the necessary time to do the job. That the only reason I`m saying it junk because it`s a waste of money. You can call it ignorance if you want but I`m the one saving money on a true and tried way.

but what do you do if there's a tank crash with a heavy bioload?

and from what i can tell it does MORE than an old fashion cycle.
but neither of us can testify to that huh :)

tank crashes are caused by negligence. they don't just happen.
let's face facts- the bacteria is on surfaces, it's not in the water column, so taking a few gallons of water from someone elses tank doesn't delete the cycle.

another fact is that bacteria needs fuel to survive. what fuel is present in this bottle of powder? a 5 year shelf life?

so, if in fact this bacteria in a bottle is actually on the surface of the powder inside the bottle, it would be absorbing nutrients all along until it's out of food, and then dies.

fact 3- no one cares what your grandma has to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom