RO/DI?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I am needing about 100 gallons of RO water a week (taking into consideration of a new tank) and I'm torn between systems on BRS..id like to save some money to spend on other things during this group buy so I was thinking of buying the 4 stage unit but for just $70 more I can get the 5 stage plus. Is it worth it going with the 5 or is that money better spent on more test kits and equipment

Just out of curiousity, have you googled into Air water and ice? They make a 5 stage RO/DI unit that produces about the volume that you are looking for. Might be worth a little price comparison.

Ok I'm looking into that now but my question more or less is am I gonna see any difference in water quality between the two systems if my water already isn't even that bad

Well checked the site and I like it its a little cheaper but doesn't come with all the accessories which after buying for it would put me way over

If you're using the system for saltwater, then you want the five stage filter. That last stage is actually the DI filter, without it you're just getting RO water. Good, but not as good.

We have pretty good water here as well, but I still change the filters out on mine once a year, and they're nasty to say the least.

The 4 stage has a single DI stage with refillable cartridges...they are both Ro/Di units

Matrikx +1 .6 Micron carbon block is the only thing it shows on the quick compare

If it is a fine carbon filter, then it is most likely used to remove nutrients (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite and phosphate) in the water. That is a guess on my part, hopefully somebody who knows for sure will chime in.

Ya I'm hoping for carey to jump in this one since she deals with them so much and is the host of the groupbuy

The 4 stage is fine but the 5 stage would be better. :)

The more filtration that it goes through the better. I was torn too but I'm gonna bite the bullet and get the 5 stage plus unit. An extra carbon stage isnt a bad thing to have.

Well they sold out of the 5 stage plus while I was running errand so I guess 4 stage it is lol

grrrr i just went to order mine and out of stock. I will wait for it though, it'll be back soon most likely.

I just got the 5 Stage Plus a few days ago and I'm glad I did. I think the inline TDS, flush valve, etc., are well worth it. However, you can always add in the other stuff later on if you can't wait or want to see how it goes. They have videos about adding stuff after the fact, not only to their systems, but to any RO/DI system. Since they assemble these in house, I'm sure they will have more soon. BTW, these things are solid, scream quality, and they are well packed for shipping. I'm more than impressed. I did a lot of shopping before I decided on BRS. Another plus for the plus is the flexibility of having all the parts for temporary and permanent installs. I'm running temporary until I can decided exactly what I want to do more permanently.

P.S. I didn't know about the group buys, but I'll be in on one in the future now that I have a BRS RO/DI system. (I'm not doing saltwater, but am on well water and will use it for my freshwater tank, hydroponics, and the R/O water for drinking and cooking uses).

I just took a look and as of this moment the 5 stage plus is back in stock for those of you who are waiting for it.

Yerp, and now my carbon/gfo reactor is out of stock. LOL I have so many things in my cart I can't seem to get them all in stock at the same time.

when i go to all my classes there are faucets in the halls that have RO/DI. i just want to bring buckets and fill up.

Yerp, and now my carbon/gfo reactor is out of stock. LOL I have so many things in my cart I can't seem to get them all in stock at the same time.

Arrrgh! BTW, I'm already making my shopping list for the April group buy.

I already have a few items in mind for April too! LOL

Theres alwayss something at BRS that you can use. Love that place!

Back
Top Bottom