RO/DI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

where can i get a RO/DI system for a fair price...and does the RO/DI system need a tank? im not quite sure how the system works....thanks

There are many sellers on ebay with fair prices. Also, check the sites sponsor forums.
You can hook them up different ways. You can get a gardenhose attachment and split it off your coldwater line for your washer (this is what I did), or you can tap into your cold water pipes under your sink. There are other methods as well, it depends on how you want to do it. The RO/DI units can be bough with or without a holding tank. I just have mine run to a large rubbermaid tub so it's ready for mixing.

ebay has nice units... I make 6 gals at a time in a gas can for top offs and I use a rubbermade garbage can for making salt water for WC.. Like fluff I use the washer hook up and I have the waste water going into the washing machine to do a load of laundry..

Do you have a washing machine in the houes? If you do then get the hose attachment and you can hook it up on the water line for the washer. HD sells a Y dual hose connection so you can have the washer and ro/di hooked up at the same time. Very Easy
they also have a sink attachment..
airwaterice.come sells nice units.. I got mine there and they are great with customer service. They cost a little more but are worth it.... Walter will answer all your questions and wont stear you wrong.
e bay also has uints on the site..

thankyou.....i really dont need to use it for drinking, so does the water need to be stored in a tank...i am looking at a few units. should i buy one with or without a tank. i dont want to get a tank if i dont need one.

if your not going to use it for drinking then a tank is not needed. I use a rubbermaid garbage can to hold my water and to mix fresh SW in. You should have a Ph and heater in the can to keep the water up to temp for water changes and ph for mixing and circulation.

Back
Top Bottom