RO/DI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I was looking at these at Lowes, this weekend. There were only two models there. I think they were whirlpool. My question, do they all come with the extra facet, or can I get the kind that will run straight to my facet?
What is a decent brand/model?
How often would I have to change/replace filters/media, or what ever they use?
I'm on the fence as to weather I want to get one or not. I haven't had any problems out of my well. I will test phosphates tonight from my tap. If there are none or very low, should I even consider getting one?
I have seen a couple with three "filters"? or two...I assume, more are better?
What is a good price range?
I understand there are all kinds out there, so I would want to go with the best one.

Thanks!

Most come with the extra faucet, so you don't get stuck using RO/DI water to wash your hands, wash dishes, etc.

There are different 'stages' you can get. a 2-unit piece may only be a carbon filter and an ro membrane. or it may combine the membrane around the carbon filter, then have a secondary DI phase. or a 3-piece would have all 3 split out and be the most filtering you can get.

Then you have output...10gallons per day? 50? The higher the value the higher the price.

is this for a SW tank or FW? Unless you have awful water, FW should not need RO/DI. And before RO/DI, many, many many people kept SW tanks without any problems. Point is, if nothing appears broken, don't start fixing...

Cool, thanks so much. I don't have any problems from my well water. I have a SW tank, just had a huge cyano bloom and some hair algae popping up, I think it might have been due to going from my canopy CO to the T5 lighting.

Point is, if nothing appears broken, don't start fixing...
I totally agree with this.

Thanks for saving me the money. I was in the store and had some money in my pocket and it started itching! LOL!! Now I can spend it on more important things for my tank, or maybe buy another tank! LOL!!

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom