RO/DI advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am ready to upgrade my ro/di unit to a BRS setup. I already know what stages and all that I want but was curious about a few things.

Should I go with a double DI canister? It's only like $15 more. My water out of the tap is at 250ppm on the TDS meter so the water isnt dirty filthy.

Also was thinking of getting a float valve and having it shut off automatically. Been watching the BRS video's and I think i can do it.

I pretty much only have enough money for either the double DI or the float valve stuff.

What does everyone think of these ideas? if you run a double DI let me know why and how it worked out. Also if you have the auto shut off going let me know what you think.

Thanks for any and all information you guys have. :) I've been going back and forth with this since yesterday. LOL

I am running an auto shut off in my storage tank and I love it. I turn on the unit while I do my water changes and mix new saltwater, then let the tank finish filling. When the auto shut off kicks in I just turn off the feed line so I don't keep running down the waste drain. Easy and really, really nice!

Carey I got the 5 stage brs unit and when I first installed it my raw water reading was356ppm it certain of course but my single Di has no probe what so ever its always 0 ppm and very easy to set up

Back
Top Bottom