RO/DI filters from ebay..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris127

Aquarium Advice Activist
Mine only goes through one stage DI. I think that`s all you need also. Moving this to General Hardware and equipment discussion forum.

thats the second recommendation for an aquasafe ive seen in two days ;) thats a good price too.

Mine has a 3x but I only run one at a time. For me (and my water) that's all I need. Which means when I bought it I had 2 extra DI cans laying around.

I run 250-ish out the tap, 0 out the filter with one DI can

im basically looking for tank bred discus paramaters (i posted in the saltwater section caues i know you reefers know way more about RO/DI than us planted guys ;)) my tap pH is about 7.6 and gh and kh are both less than 10 so im looking for something around 7.0 and less

The 7th stage in the first one is a waste. It has a GAC ffilter after the DI. You can't get better than DI so what is the GAC doing at that point.

Also, the 100gph membrane is usually only rated at 90% rejections vs. 99% for the 75gpd or the 150gpd membrane (at least for the Filmtec ones that I've seen).

AirWaterIce does not reccomend using a DI with the 100gpd because of the lower rejection rate. I ran mine that way for 3 years before switchng to the 150gpd membrane.

Back
Top Bottom