RO/DI question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recieved my RO/DI filter yesterday and per the recommendation of my LFS, I ran it for about 18 hours to flush the silicates. Now, after collecting the pure water for about 13 hours I have less than a gallon. This thing is supposed to produce 100 Gallons a day but after about 13.5 hours I have maybe a gallon. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Does your unit have an adjustable flow restrictor on the waste water outlet pipe?All the water pressure may be escaping thru the waste outlet which = low level clean water production.

Does your unit have an adjustable flow restrictor on the waste water outlet pipe?All the water pressure may be escaping thru the waste outlet which = low level clean water production.

It has one but I didn't know it was adjustable. I will take a look. How do I adust it properly?

Check the pressure of your water supply. If the pressure isn't high enough, it will not make RO water as quickly or as efficiently as it should. If the pressure is too high, it could damage the membrane. The instructions that came with the unit should tell you what the pressure should be.

The flow restrictor is not adjustable from what I can see. The instruction are not the most detailed but, it does say pressure needs to be above 30 lbs. I was sure our water presure was at least that but I guess I am going to have to get a pressure guage and check it. As much as I don't want to go down that road, that is most likely the cause. Uggggg. If that is the case, I am going to have find some sort of in-line pump which complicates the whole set up just a bit more. LOL Who said this sport was easy anyway???? LOL

Can anyone say Homer Simpson???? I thought you could. Looked a closer this morning and found one line that was kinked. Made the repair and I seem to be making water. :) Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom