RO DI set up help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
just recieved my Typhoon III RO DI unit. This is my first RO DI, and I am stoked!!!

However, I would like to hook it up directly to a faucet in my upstairs bathroom, (just because that bathroom never gets used) but it did not come with an adapter. I am werry about ordering on off of the net because I do not want to get it in, and have it not fit the faucet.

We are in a rental townhouse.

I am thinking of buying a hose adapter for it, and leaving it outside. It would have to be outside, because this is the only place that I have a hose.

If I go the route to leave it outside, I am planning on buying a "Y" adapter so that I can leave it connected along with my garden hose. I will also buy a small rubber maid container, drill a hole in it to run the hose to the RO DI unit (which will be kept in the rubber maid) and seal it with siclon. I will do that to keep dirt, bugs, etc off the RO DI unit.

A big question that I have is can the RO DI unit be left off? If so, do I need to let it run for awhile again when I am ready to use it to make sure it gets a "good start" with the filtration?

Any other tips, suggestions would be great as I am getting anxious to stop buying water from the LFS.

Thank you!!!!!!

I think you should just attach it to the cold water copper pipe on the sink you mentioned. The outside deal sounds complicated and not all that ideal.

I've attached a site and a picture of the the part you need, it's standard for all RO units so it'll fit.

http://www.pwgazette.com/roparts.htm

Attachments

• svta_197.jpg
    svta_197.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 119
Back
Top Bottom