RO/DI unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith A.

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been considering getting an RO/DI unit lately (maybe Santa could help me out this year). I have a 75 gal reef tank and do 20% water changes every other week. Could anyone please let me know what is involved in maintaining one? I've heard of having to replace filters for it every so often. How much do they generally cost and how often do you have to replace them? I've heard of having to do water tests to see how pure the water is. What do you test for and how often? Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks,
Keith

the price on the filters depends on the unit that you have. Also how often you should change it depends how bad is your water, they should last atleast any where from 8 months to a year you can buy one for 95 bucks from ebay wit free shippin and it will be brand new

Don't forget the TDS meter, you'll need this to monitor your source and ro/di water and will let you when it's time to change out your filters & resins.

Back
Top Bottom