RO/DI unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdergar

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was looking at installing an RO/DI unit and looking for some advice. I saw the Coralife one, Pure-Flo II Reverse Osmosis and DeIonization Unit at 50gpd. Anyone have one of these units? Are there any others I should look at first? Are they all the same? Is three stage filtering enough...to much...Thanks...

Steven

Thanks Mike. Does yours come with a tank to hold the water? The GE model I saw at Home Depot 35gpd came with it's own tank. The Coralife one did not. Just wondering how you make out if you don't have a tank to hold the filtered water. Do you just run it into your PWC tote? If it's 50gpd how fast does the water fill up? Thanks...

Steve

I am getting the 100gpd version of the Pure Flo II this weekend. If I am not mistaken they do not come with DI, that is why I am getting the add-on DI.

Units from the hardware store will be for drinking water and are usually not nearly as pure as an aquarium RO/DI. Their tanks are also usually only a couple gallons, no more than five.

So how fast does the water come out? Say I'm doing a 20g PWC how does it take to get 20g into a tote? I'm assuming it's slower than just turning on the regular faucet...

Steve

I dont have the tank. I just run it into my 5 gallon water jugs that sit inside a rubbermaid tote just in case they overflow in my tool shed. I just have a water hose connection. 50 gallon a day is plenty for me.

According to the users manual there is a GAC canister, Carbon block, micron filter, and RO membrane.

It all depends. In the dead of summer 3-4 hours. In the dead of winter 8-9 hours. Spring and fall usually in the middle. Depending on the water temp how fast it goes through the RO membrane.

Is there an electrical connection to this or is it just water pressure? I know that they give you the option of getting a pressure pump but it's just water pressure...yes?

Just water pressure for me. But I have heard of others esp. those on wells having to use some device to boost pressure.

Link continues to load, can't see anything.

I am getting the 100gpd unit with a pump that will plug in to the wall. The service company I was working for had too many issues with needing pumps added on to units they installed so I knew I wanted one with a pump. I am on a well.

Hmmm...it loaded for me. Here is the description...

The Pure-Flo II 50 GPD Reverse Osmosis Unit purifies water for aquarium use. Removes water hardness, heavy metals, toxins and other tap water impurities. Included with this unit: 3 clear filter canisters, 1 deionization cartridge, 1 filter cartridge, 1 carbon block filter cartridge, TFC membrane and faucet attachments. Pure-Flo II units are economical, easy to use and wall mountable. You can use these units with chlorinated and well water. Great for both freshwater and saltwater aquariums.

Steve

Give ebay a search you can find some on there for cheap!

I got mine on there and had the water tested at my LFS to be between 0-1 ppm

Back
Top Bottom