RO / DI -- Water waste-- maybe not -- How about this ?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SKEET

Aquarium Advice Regular
CREATE YOUR OWN WATER SYSTEM !!

Use 55 gal can , water pump , valves and pressure gauges to set PSI , fed to the RO/DI unit with waste output going back to the 55 can , another can for treated water ???

PURE-FLO II says waste ratio is 1:3 off your sink faucet , would not be the case with your own water source( the 55 gal can) with un-used water put back in.

What do you think ????????????????????????

you would go through filters a lot faster - you would waste less water, but the monetary cost would be higher to do it this way.... unless you consider a few saved gallons of water worth it :)

Am I understanding? Are you recycling the waste water back to the input tank and sending it through the filter membranes a 2nd (3rd, 4th) time? If this is what you're saying then when water passes through the membrand a 2nd time, that water contains more disolved solids, minerals, etc than the initial tap water. So the membranes have to filter out more stuff for the subsequent pass-throughs than for the initial tap water. That will clog up the membranes faster than if you always used fresh tap water for ALL the water needed by the saltwater tank.

Yes you described the idea perfectly that I was trying to get across.
I understand now about the level of contaminants being higher the next go around.
Thanks for the respones.

Back
Top Bottom