RO/DI... What is the best system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rfirman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am interested in buying a RO/DI unit because i want to take my hobby to the next level.

What is the best RODI unit to buy for my Biocube? I only know of two brands but I would like to know the best one and the one everyones else likes. I was thinking about the bulk reef unit below...

I mainly want to make a nice reef tank for my 14 gallon biocube and possible start a 40 gallon reef. RODI water should help with algee problems to right...?

Bulk reef
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-4-stage-value-plus-ro-di-system-75gpd.html

Spectra pure
http://www.spectrapure.com/email/customer-appreciation.html

Bull reef! I got mine and it was the best investment ever but I got the 5 stage plus. If you have extra 50 buck go for the 5 stage plus

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes RODI really helps with algae. Spectrapure and bulkreefsupply was my top 2 options. There was a guy on another forum saying that spectrapure was superior to BRS RODI. I ended up getting the BRS unit since their prices are great ($130 black friday sale) and many members on this forum use it.

Also if you haven't joined the BRS group buy yet there is one being set up for next week. I got mine for $100 less that way and that extra savings helped me toward upgrading to a better unit.

I don't know how to link a thread lol but I know if you go to the search and type "BRS" you will see the current buy for after Christmas. All you do is create an account with them and then pm the thread starter (bavass) and give your email and last name and he will forward it to BRS and then they email you the day it starts. You don't even have to buy anything if you don't want to. It's a a win win.

one more vote for bulk reef supply. I have that exact same unit in the link above. You cant go wrong with that price, it has the pressure gauge on it, flush kit and tds meter. definitely a worthwhile investment

Awesome it sounds like brs is the way to go. Is it me or are the rodi units water wasteful. I saw a video that said that a unit makes 1 gallon of water for every for gallons it wastes.

Wasteful but worth it! You can always save the waste water for plants or something like that.

They should shut off when done making water. Some don't as a result of bad or missing one way valves. They all work about the same, what you are wanting is the extra (DI) stage, or Deionization. This takes water the RO system makes and drives the last of the dissolved materials out of the water. A built in TDS and pressure meter are very nice options.

Back
Top Bottom