RO help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe&rae

Aquarium Advice Activist
i got my new ro system up and going. it works great but one problem, when i hooked the system up to my holding tank and got it started the system i let it run while i was at work and came home to water every where!! it was from condensation!!! the whole system was dripping with water ??? i get how and why but what can i do to stop this if i let it do it, it will destroy my kitchen...

That doesn't sound right... are you sure there isn't a pin hole leak in the plastic tubing somewhere, or it's spraying a fine mist from one of the connections and coating everything? I can see a little condensation, but not enough to cause a major problem. Odd.

no it is not a hole because the way it is set up and the water location. it is condensation because it is covering the whole system is there anything i can do!!!!! i want to use ro and have payed good money for it but it will destroy my kitchen if i dont fix the problem!! what can i do!

Only things I can think of are either put a drip tray under the unit, or somehow warm up the water that's coming into the unit. Is the water coming directly into the unit from a pipe that's exposed to outside air or something? With how slow RO units push water through, it seems like the water would heat up enough from being in the house to not cause that big of a problem.

Back
Top Bottom