RO unit is leaking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misskeeter2766

Aquarium Advice Freak
UGH... after spending 70 bucks.... and an hour trying to hook it up.. I turn the water on and within 2 minutes it starts leaking from 4 different places on the unit...
Im very very frustrated, and Im thinking about sending it back for a refund and just buying RO water from the little water barrel place a block away for 25 cents a gallon

oh.. and before anyone asks.. yes my water pressure is within optimal range...actually, it is almost exactly at the perfect range...
the unit says between 40 and 80 ... and mine is at 64.7... they state the "optimal" is 65....

Mine leaked too, when I first set it up.....and from several places. If you had to cut the hoses/lines to fit, make sure the cut is clean...any angled cut will make it leak. Shove those all the way in the plastic things (I don't know what to call them). If yours came with one of those plastic wrenches (not sure what shape your unit is), make sure the tops are on good.

Can you tell where its leaking from?

my unit leaks also but it only does it if the ASOV engages. I guess the pressure build up is to much for it. I have to check everything over but I just haven't had the time.

I wouldn't recommend sending it back and buying water locally. It's a hassle, it'll cost way more money in the long run - and because it's a hassle it may discourage you from doing water changes.

If you can find where it's leaking we can help you. Like you said, it makes sense that it only does it when the ASOV kicks in, because you're exactly right, the pressure builds up.

When I first bought my unit I had 3 leaks in it as well. I was able to locate them to the fittings that provided the interconnects between the different stages of the unit. An 80 cent roll of teflon tape from the local hardware store solved all of my leaks for me.

Mine leaks to. I am running off a garden hose spiket(sp?)

Does the leaking serously effect the quality of the water. The water is still being filtered. I do not have a pressure gage on RO unit.

Back
Top Bottom