RODI Accessories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VinnyP

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm getting a unit soon and was wondering what are the important accessories I should get with it there are so many, what's important and what's not that you guys have had experience with. THANKS

Tds meter, probably the most important, bulk reef supply 5 stage comes with pretty much everything youll need

I'm def. getting one from BRS they have some good stuff, wondering the flush get do you leave that on all the time or do you just flush it once a week or what?

Just reading through the thread, something caught my attention. . . "flush" of an RODI system. I have a spectrapure 4 stage. I have never done any kind of flush. Can someone explain what that means please and what it does? Thank you

You "flush" the membrane to remove tds build up. I have a flush kit on my BRS unit and it bypasses the di and exit tube and goes straight out the waste. I run it for about 10 minutes before each use. I have watched the built in tds meter show the water impurity improve as the flush time goes on. Definite must have. :)

Ok so I was thinking of getting the 4 stage from BRS for 130 but now I'm thinking spend the extra money get the 5 stage that comes with all those good accessories for 200, worth the money ?

Ok so I was thinking of getting the 4 stage from BRS for 130 but now I'm thinking spend the extra money get the 5 stage that comes with all those good accessories for 200, worth the money ?

It is i have the 5 stage took me 5 mins to set up its worth the extra $ for the extra stuff it comes with. Mine works great never had a problem yet. Comes with all fitting for whatever you may want to attach it to and plenty of line if you go far.

(y)(y)(y) Product

So does it already come all hooked up like all the accessories, and all you need to do is hook it up to what ever water source?

If you get the 5 stage plus from BRS, it has the flush built in. Also has the pressure guage and the tds meter. If you get it during a group buy it is $180 and free shipping. Dont know if you can still get in on Careys group buy or not, but it is worth the savings.

You can still get into the group buy, but i would need your information like ASAP. BRS is closed on the weekends so I'd have to get the info to them by say 3 today. You also would have to register on the site which takes like 2 minutes. :)

Let me know!!

Ok what do I need to get to you and how do I regester on BRS

Go to bulk reef supply and just register your email. You need to send me an email ASAP with your email address you registered with as well as your last name.

Thats it!

Ok then I'm already registered with them vpisani@ycp.edu and my last name is Pisani, When do I order the product how do I get the discount.... How does this work thanks a lot carey

Ok, I just forwarded your info to BRS. You should receive an email soon that says the buy is open. Or you can sign into their site and when it says next to your name at the top of the page "group buy" then you are set.

You just order as usual and get the discounts automatically. You will also in the future get about 5% off most purchases, even if you dont' buy anything during this group buy.

The group buy runs from tuesday thru the next monday so you will have a couple days to save. :)

Hope that helps

So I have till Monday till the group discount ends

Will it take a little bit to go through because all it says next to my name is retail in parenthesis and I don't see any info on group but, no email. Thanks again Carey for helping me out last second

Since i sent the email like 10 mintues ago it should be soon. All depends on how quick the guy at BRS gets the email and enters your name in his system. If he's at lunch or away from his desk it could be an hour or so. Usually he is really quick though. AS soon as it says group buy instead of retail then youre good to go.

Back
Top Bottom