RODI System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've come to the conclusion that it's absolutely necessary to have an RODI System. I figured if I'm going to do this, I might as well do it right.... That being said which do you think is a good RODI system? I'm not trying to spend a crazy amounts I just want to get the job done. I don't even know what the main differences really are considering they should all pretty much do the same thing right? I'm going to be running a 75g saltwater with 20g sump.

Here is the Ebay Store that I got my RODI from back in 2006. It is still going strong all I have had to do was replace filters as needed.

The 3 prefilters are there basically to remove large particulates from your source water. I use a carbon filter, sediment filter and a coconut husk carbon filter as my 3. The real magic happens when the water gets to the RO membrane where the water is truely reduced down to pure H20. If you have DI on the system great if not you will survive without it. I have a 6 stage filter with a backflush allowing me to push water back over the RO membrane keeping it clear.

Can't miss with the systems from BRS. I've had mine for 3yrs and it's doing great.

Back
Top Bottom