Roller Paint or Spray Paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am thinking of painting the back of my tank sea blue or carribean blue for my future cichlid tank. Which would you recommend? And which would could be removed?

Is there any recommended brand?

Right now the tank is already set up, what would be a easy and clean way to do the job?

Cornstar said:
Is there any recommended brand?

Right now the tank is already set up, what would be a easy and clean way to do the job?

This is what I did. Again this I JUST ME... Not saying you HAVE to listen but....

Cleaned back of tank with rubbing alcohol real good, let dry for about 20 minutes. Cover entire tank except back with news papers and make sure to cover the top also.

Spray side to side it light single strokes. Start at the top and work down. Watch for drips, that's why more light coats are better. Keep looking at the front and see where your missed spots are and cover them by hitting that are.

Make sense?

FYI I once did a buddies tank that already had fish in it!! lol his wife wasn't too happy but we got the job done.

Now when you say set up what do you mean?

Oh and Krylon will be just fine. They have one that states for glass, plastic etc. you'll be fine.

Good luck and pics if you can. I'd like to see how ya made out!

:)

Convict2161 said:
This is what I did. Again this I JUST ME... Not saying you HAVE to listen but....

Cleaned back of tank with rubbing alcohol real good, let dry for about 20 minutes. Cover entire tank except back with news papers and make sure to cover the top also.

Spray side to side it light single strokes. Start at the top and work down. Watch for drips, that's why more light coats are better. Keep looking at the front and see where your missed spots are and cover them by hitting that are.

Make sense?

FYI I once did a buddies tank that already had fish in it!! lol his wife wasn't too happy but we got the job done.

Now when you say set up what do you mean?

Oh and Krylon will be just fine. They have one that states for glass, plastic etc. you'll be fine.

Good luck and pics if you can. I'd like to see how ya made out!

:)

Thanks!

By set up I meant that I have fish in there right now.

Definitely will upload photos when I'm done. Probably will do this tomorrow :)

Cornstar said:
Thanks!

By set up I meant that I have fish in there right now.

Definitely will upload photos when I'm done. Probably will do this tomorrow :)

Ok MAKE SURE TO REALLY COVER THE TANK REAL REAL GOOD!!

I'm assuming your going to do this indoors so be weary of overspray, you'd be surprised how far it can go. Cover as much furniture as possible and ground surface and even wall! I covered my buddy's walls with plastic am used painters tape.

Use fans and open doors and windows. Get plenty of ventilation. Overspray stinks!! So be careful.

I've done it with fish in. Like I said. Cover EVERYTHING REALLY REALLY GOOD, you'll be fine. And fusion is perfect :)

Nice and slow light coats. Take your time. I've painted over 20 tanks some full and some empty. You'll be fine if you take your time.

Good luck and shoot some pics.

The two paint stores near my house did not have fusion in patriot blue. Am going to check other stores. Will keep you guys posted!

Did the regal blue look good on the back of the tank?

Ah, I am really fighting between black and blue.

When I get my african cichlid tank, I am probably going to get a maingano, so would it not look as blue with a blue background?

Back
Top Bottom