Rubbermaids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brodywest82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just curious to see if I'm the only one but recently to save cost with my breeding projects and housing large fish I've began purchasing 100 gallon heavy duty rubbermaids instead of spending so much on glass setups. Just a tip if you are on a budget with your next project ;)

Sent from my C5155 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes I've thought of using the rubbermaid stock tanks, mostly as a sump or temporary holding tank. Mind me asking how much your 100g cost?

My cousin did that when he was breeding fish! Had a bay rented out at a strip mall and had all the windows covered and had shelves and shelves of the clear ones

My 100 gallon Rubbermaid was purchased at a feed store in my my small town for $70.. at a normal store such as home depot it may run u $100. That's a lot better than the price of glass if u have a few projects goin on at once.

BrodyWestSwaGGG@Gmail.com
Natives/Oddballs/Discus/Coldwater

Yup, definitely. I was looking at the 300g stock tank as I was thinking of taking down and moving my 220g tank to a different room in the house. Thanks for letting me know.

I used them too for my fry rearing. Glass is nice but not always necessary. I even used Kiddy pools to raise my fry. AND they were indoors in my hatchery.

We even set up a saltwater section with used Cherry Picker Buckets for a wholesale house I worked at. Made ones into a wet dry filter as well. As I said, Glass is nice but not always necessary ;)

Back
Top Bottom