Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-12-2021, 03:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Running Canister with Internal Sump

Hi guys, Iím running a canister filter with an internal sump (not sure if thatís the correct term for it) and I need some advice on the best placement for the intake outake for the canister.

Iím using EHEIM 600 classic external canister.

I have the intake of the canister on the back left and the spray vertically placed on the front left. The water overflows on the back right and the outback is on the front right. I attached a picture, I hope that makes sense.

So far I only have sand substrate and a small piece of driftwood in the back right, I donít plan to add a lot of decoration etc as it houses my 26 year old red ear slider.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! So far itís been going well but sometimes I can see some debris close enough to the intake of the canister but doesnít get sucked in, so my assumption is there might be too strong of a current, or improper positioning, I think itís the latter.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7BDBAB6F-8762-4706-A1C5-06AF8EC8F372.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	321996  

Tags
canister, intake outtake placement, internal sump, sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com