Safe to say Ecoray 60D beats Current Nova Pro 6x54w?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uscamaro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is it safe to say that the Ecoray 60D LED lights will be cheaper than Current USA Nova Extreme Pro T5 in the long run?

Also, is there a way to set them up so this doesn't happen:

IMG_8048.JPG

Have you tried raising them up a bit and scooting them closer together?

I don't see too many led set ups that close to the water.

It's not my tank, just the only 1 I found that's 55 gallon and using 2 of them (similar to my setup if I go with the Ecoray). But no worries, the wifey doesn't want ~$600 going to tank lights, she'd rather see it go to shoes/purse.

the ecoray 60 and 60D units have a focused beam of light. you are going to need more than 2 for full coverage. they put out a ton of PAR, but they only light something that's directly below them. you'll be bleaching corals under them, and browning out corals in the shadows. i have seen these fixtures raised up very high off of the water...here is underwaterworld's facility...see the placement? if you notice, they are hung so to cover the front to back of the tank. the short sides are next to each other. this has to be done in order to light the front and back of the coral tanks.
DSC_5932.jpg

you are better off with the t-5 fixture if you don't want shadows.
btw, if you still want them, i can probably save you a few bucks on them.

Back
Top Bottom