Saltwater Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Aqualight High Output T5 Dual Lamp Light Fixture - Double - 36 in. | T5 Lighting | Lighting Systems | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com
"Aqualight High Output T5 Dual Lamp Light Fixture - Double - 36 in"
"The fixtures include 10000K Daylight and Actinic Bluelight HO lamps to maximize coral and plant growth."

What type of coral will I be able to keep with this lighting? The tank is a 38G. From the top of the tank to the tank bottom is just under 20"
I'm sure most people cringe when they hear this, but I would like to avoid spending a lot of money on the lighting at the moment. I don't have a hood for the tank, well not one that is worth using so I can always add a 2nd fixture when I can afford it. Suggestions please!

You might be able to have some moderate light LPS or soft corals. You`ll be better off with a 4 or 6 bulb T5HO system.

holy crap that is expensive OP. I picked up a 4 bulb 48" modded with two cords for $100 and the guy threw in a box of bulbs.

look on craigslist for a used t5 setup, 4-6 bulbs you could grow almost anything you want

Cabezon, Nova Extreme fixtures are actually cheap compared to some other T5 HO options out there. I would step it up to the Nova Extreme Pro 6x39w T5 HO fixture as you should see better results with it.

Back
Top Bottom