Sand troubles oh my!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use one but it is 4-5 inches above my gravel bed. It might if it was flush on the surface of your sand.

I also covered my intake to lessen the flow for my Betta.

In the first pic I'm touching the black fabric (a cotton headband) that is wrapped over my intake grate. The second pic is just a hair tie that I put in the same position but with better lighting

If you used a panty-hose sock it might filter sand without slowing the filter's flow rate as significantly as cloth. My suggestion is those free little sock thingies that shoe stores have for bare feet shoppers

Attachments

• image-1566995102.jpg
    image-1566995102.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 70
  • image-3987015103.jpg
    image-3987015103.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 60
The filters I have used the Hagen Marina and the Aqueon both hang on the back (hob) have been good, and not burned up.

Pointers would be not leave on the filter while adding water and doing partial water changes, moving around stuff in the tank.

Adding a pre-filter sponge. Helps and not keeping thwe intake too close to the sand at the bottom, but maybe 1/3 of the way down maximum.

-though I don't have experience specifically with the one you mentioned. I have burned up several. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom