Seaclear Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmanova

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 46Gal.Bow Seaclear System II tank. I am just setting it up now,but new to the tropical freshwater fish world. I understand the pre-filter and bio balls for the biological filter. I do nt understand the third section for chemical media. I am think carbon media. But how is it placed in the so called cup? Loose granules, granules in some filter bag or something else altogether?

Don't use the black trays, just place the media bag or bags next to the return pump.

I have a new 50 gal seaclear with no directions, have no idea how to set it up. How do I use the skimmer box? It has holes in the bottom of it! I feel I had no idea what I was ordering.

Carbon is unnecessary unless you have something you actually want to take out of the water (tanins, medication, etc). Carbon can have a detrimental effect if used regularly because it removes trace elements which are beneficial to fish.

Also, you may want to replace those bioballs with Seachem Matrix, Eheim Ehfisubstrat Pro, or Biohome Ultra. They're all much more effective biomedias with a much, much higher surface area.

Marsha G.

I can help you if you still need help. Let me know! I have a 49 gallon bow tank Seaclear set up!

50 gal sea clear

Yes indeed, I do still need help. As I have wondered all over the net to try to find help, I think I have a System II tank. Not sure that is what I ordered. Won't accept a return so I have to work with what I've got. There ar 2 large holes in the pre filter/skimmer?? How can the tank sit level If there are hoses coming out of there. What keeps the water from draining out? There is a cover over the skimmer box, with a hole to put your finger through to remove it. Same with the 23"X11" wide lid for the space that is in the middle of the top. I already have a 30 gal freshwater glass tank, a 5 gal tank I am using to seperate a couple of agressive butterfly Mollys. I NEED this larger tank. Can you tell me what to do??

I have a Bow System II. There are no hoses with my System II. The tank will be level when you fill it. The holes are just an overflow to the next baffle/section. Do not worry about them! The holes in the lids are for wires i.e. Electric Heater, Light Chords, etc.. I hope this answers your questions, if you need anything further please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom