Seaclone Protein Skimmer Cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshsReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is the best way to clean the inside of the skimmer up, You cant take it apart and after about four months its geting pretty dirty. I ran hot water through it but it has not got it as clean as I would have liked. Anyone with a seaclone protein skimmer out there have a better cleaning idea than I have?

What do you mean by the "inside" of the skimmer? The neck should really be the only thing that gets funky and you can use a baby bottle brush to clean that.

JoshsReef said:
why, no one will see it here !

This is where it is supposed to go. Plenty of people will see it here. It is our responsibility to keep the site as orderly as possible. This can be done by putting everything where it goes. If people donrt respond then I`ll move itback but it needs to be answered here first.

I just cant seem to get inside it at all, I cant see the water in it at all, completley brown throughout the whole inside of the skimmer

hmmmmm...any chances of posting a pic? I can't imagine how the inside of the body can get dirty. If it is that funky, there must not be enuff flow going thru it. Just a guess.........
I recommend getting a better skimmer. Seaclowns don't get very good reviews.

Its not so dirty that it doesnt work, maybe I am just worried for nothing since i am still fairly new to this hobby. It is the collar and riser tubes that I am worried about being dirty though, there is just no way to reach them with anything to clean them up.

Back
Top Bottom