Searching for unconventional aquarium dimensions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Engel

Aquarium Advice Activist
My father always kept aquariums when I was a child, and I adored them then, and am just rediscovering that now. I have a tank I love at work, and I am loving every minute of the battle with my new tank at home... now that I've found this site, and know how to mitigate the damage of an ignorant start!

My kid is starting a cycling process tomorrow for his tank, and I've already got my mind on what I want in the future. The far future though... I am thinking a year from today... which is my BIRTHDAY! :lol:

Anyway, it looks like I am going to need a custom built, but I am afraid to actually find out how pricey that may be. I figured if the tank to fit one of the two spaces I have in mind exists, you guys will know of it! The first area would have to be within the parameters of 48 x 24 x 15 1/2 (WxDxH). The second would need to fall within 29 x 24 x 15 1/2.

I really really wanted to put it in an area that is probably impossible, because it is 12 in high... with no additional clearance for hood, etc.
Incidentally, I want to keep a planted discus tank. I realize I am only talking like two discus... for now... I have an extra closet on a ground level slab foundation.... :razz: kidding...

So does anyone have any advice on where to look for odd tank sizes or am I going to have to save up for custom?

I would do searches online or even check your local pet store if there is one in your area. I always thought that having a massive bowl tank would be pretty cool but I'm not sure how well that would work in the area you want it in.
Happy birthday by the way:new-bday:

Don't forget to peruse CL frequently. You never know what will pop up there.

Lawngnome is right, get creative.

In my nonextistant spare time, I am converting an old five foot high gumball machine into an aquarium.

I plan on a 3' x 3' x 12" SW rockpool/reef tank some time after college. I'm still drawing plans up for it. Go for something you'd think is cool.

I had wondered how difficult just making one would be... I also would have to squeeze in some non-existent spare time.... just to research it! I'm not sure I want it THAT bad. lol

Check out glasscages.com which makes specialty aquariums in both glass and acrylic. I had them fabricate an acrylic tank to my specifications in July of 2010, and so far it has held up well.

Back
Top Bottom