Shelving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys! I just got another 10 g and have no more room for it. My dad suggested getting some shelving for it to sit on along with my other 10 g.

So i started some research but quite honestly i have no idea what to look for.

I would like something strong enough to hold the 2 10 gallons and maybe a third ;)
Since aquariums weigh a ton the shelving would have to be steel, right?

You can get adjustable metal shelves from lowes which a lot of people use for there fish rooms since they are rated for like 1 ton per shelf

My whole fish room is built with steel shelving from Lowes, I use these shelves to house my 10 40 breeders among the other tanks. Just make sure that you look at the weight capacity of each shelf. The ones I use are a perfect fit for the 40B's, they're 36x18" and each shelf holds 1000lbs.

Sorry, crappy iPhone picture.

Attachments

• Y 019.jpg
    Y 019.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
My whole fish room is built with steel shelving from Lowes, I use these shelves to house my 10 40 breeders among the other tanks. Just make sure that you look at the weight capacity of each shelf. The ones I use are a perfect fit for the 40B's, they're 36x18" and each shelf holds 1000lbs.

Sorry, crappy iPhone picture.

I too am looking into steel shelving. Did you use the plywood/pressed boards that come with the shelving or did you replace with something stronger? I was thinking of reinforcing with wooden slats with maybe the wooden board resting on top. Thanks for your advice.

I too am looking into steel shelving. Did you use the plywood/pressed boards that come with the shelving or did you replace with something stronger? I was thinking of reinforcing with wooden slats with maybe the wooden board resting on top

The ones that I use has a steel channel the wood sits on, but yes they are sitting directly over the composite boards. But like I said they are a perfect fit for my 40's, on the smaller tanks(10 and 20's) that sit sideways I've doubled up on the underlaying boards.

Back
Top Bottom