Should I buy this setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alrighty so, Im already wanting to upgrade my 75g into a 125g. Posted a few weeks ago about a deal that i found and went out to take a look at the 125 today. The tank looks like its in decent condition. Its a predrilled 125g with stand. It was too dark to tell if there were any major scratches in the glass. Was pretty dusty as well. Stand was in awesome shape though. Biggest issue about the tank was that it had black paint dribbled on it. He had repainted the trimming and some of the black paint dripped onto the glass of the tank. Is this easy enough to get off?

Hes asking $300 for the tank/stand. For an extra $150 hes throwing in a huge lighting fixture, 120lbs of bagged live sand, and what looks like a 30gal sump. I dont know the details on the lights hes selling me, but it looks pretty legit. He said it would only be good for a FOWLR tank. He had a sweet reef lighting system he offered me, but it wanted like $300 for that which I dont have the money for. He mentioned he had some powerful return pumps he could sell be, but I was already spending more then I had in mind when I got there so I didnt ask him about those. Considering I know that i'm going to need them eventually I might as well get them cheap while I can.

So what are you guys thoughts?

$300 sounds like a good deal for the tank and stand. Unless you know for sure you will never be adding corals, I would pass on the light. I can't say for sure, but I doubt you would want to spend $ on lights twice.....weak lighting now and better lighting for corals later.

Yeah I will be doing corals later. Once i'm done with school and settled onto a place.

What about the paint though? Will that be easy enough to clean off?

A razor blade should get the paint drops off. Just be careful not to scratch the glass or cut yourself. ;)

Wow. I wish I could find deals like that but the last time I checked craigslist, the prices were high, cheaper then a brand new one at a store though. If I were you, I would go for it. That is a good deal. If you have the money to spend on a fish tank, most definately.

So i've decided against the 125 for now. I'll end up s[pending too much money on upgrading my current equipment. But as soon as I had made up my mind, i found, on craigslist, a 200gal with stand for $300 lol. Made me cry a little on the inside. Thought about buying it and just storeing it for a few years

Back
Top Bottom