skilter filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is an old thread on the same topic:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=14526&highlight=

I had one and with modification it worked OK. I eventually used it on my QT for awhile, but it developed a leak. I cannot access your link, so I cannot see what they are charging but I would not pay more than $30 for one. I bought mine off E-bay new.

If for anything larger than a 30G tank I would save my money and look into other filtration and a seperate skimmer.

HTH,

Afilter: one is $36 and the other is $50.
Sounds like junk if you read the thread afilter posted.

Yeah in hind site save your money. They work ok for awhile, but if cost is not a huge issue you can do a lot better.

They claim this skimmer can be used on a 100g tank. Not even close. On your tank, it would be awesome.

They can take a bit to learn how to dial in but this is even the deluxe version. It's a great deal and it's brand new.

Don't know if the prisms are bad but i've heard some bad reviews on other sites.

IMO skilters are only good if you have like a 10 gallon where you need all the space you can get. Air lift skimmers are one of the worst types also.

Back
Top Bottom