Skilter Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SGT Henry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey...are those skilter filters any good???....I have a 20gal long tank..live rock, live sand and planning on adding some mushrooms and zoanthids later on...I have the tank running with a Tetratec PF150 which is a pretty good size filter for such a small tank...

Is it enough to have the tetratecPF150, the skilter filter (skimmer and mech,bio and chemical filtration in one) and the live rock and live sand????

Has any1 had any good or bad experiences with these skilters...they seem like a pretty good deal only $40 and Im pretty sure it will be enough skimming for a 20gal...The skimmer part of it is rated all the way to 125gal aquariums

thx

I've heard bad reviews on them from members here and other sites during my research of one. If your on a tight budget, I guess it's better than nothing, but a bakpak is what is highly recommended. A seaclone 100 is a <$100 skimmer that gets mixed reviews. IMO, it will be better than a skilter, but still not recommended.

Skilters are not the best, but they will work...sort of. You are better off just adding a good quality skimmer to your existing set up then adding a skilter. As far a s filter, the skilter is not bad, as a skimmer, it is bad.

I know that is why I do not use it anymore. I have a big wet/dry it is much better.

Back
Top Bottom