Skimmer bubbles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hookman

Aquarium Advice Activist
My aqua-c remora is probably a year old and it makes a lot of micro bubbles. It never did this before, plus the water seems to have a film on the top when you look at it from underneath, any ideas?

The pre-filter will skim the water off the top of your tank and reduce the oily film that resides.

I just bought the prefilter and I like it. You have to make sure your water level is right so it skims right. What I like the most is that I filled the media chamber with bio cubes and was able to lose the aquaclear 500 I used for them.

I just did my first water change and when I started my tank back up my skimmer is blowing out a ton of micro-bubbles. I have a 20 gal tank since this is my first venture into sw fish tanks. The skimmer is the CPR Bak-Pak 2...any ideas on how to fix this?

sometimes skimmers change their habits briefly. i have noticed when i am messing around in the tank my auqa c remora will stop skimming. sometimes it will kick out some bubble s for a while after something changes in the tank also

steve r

Back
Top Bottom