skimmer comparison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
With a euro reef out of my range for 255 gallons of total water. I am shopping some less expensive models. Please list your opinions of these models.

AquaC EV180
ASM G3 5000
Pacific Coast PS300P
Kent Nautilus 300G
Red Sea Berlin Turbo Classic XL

The AquaC EV 1000 is a high quality skimmer but is $650 or about the same price as the high end Euro Reef which is stated out of his range.

He is asking about the AquaC EV 180 but that might not be large enough depending on the bio-load of the tank. The AquaC EV 400 would probably be a better match for your sized tank IMO.

What size tank we talkin anyway? EV1000 sounds huge. Brendan like proportions. :eek2:

Comparatively speaking, I'm no help on this one, but I just hooked up the Aqua C EV180. I like the JGuest speed fitting for optional calcium reactor hookup. I don't know if the others have that or not, but I like having accessible options.

I did not mean you should get a AquaC EV1000. I posted that because that is what I have. It was just a endorsement for the AquaC brand. Not sure if the smaller AquaC skimmers come with a pump but a good high pressure pump added over $300 to the price of mine.

I will have a 180 with a 75 gallon sump.

How does everyone feel about the other models listed. Obviously the aquaC brand is good.

The ASM G3 5000 skimmer is the closest to the Euro Reef as far as performance/design if that’s what you want.

Personally I think the Kent Nautilus EX version versus the TE would be better suited if going that route.

Not sure about the other brands.

Back
Top Bottom