skimmer for 25 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Add skimmer to 25 gallon

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lando is Right! Its a good investment. Considering some of the troubles that might arise with the build up of Nitrates. IMHO I think on a 10gal you could get away with it cause the water changes should do it but on a 25 I would get one.

I also see your a fellow Canuck. Where are you getting your equipment from? www.jlaquatics.com good Canadian store with great prices. I live in Manitoba and get all my stuff from them in BC. Special of the month is free shipping for orders over $100

I have seen there site and plan to order stuff from them but there i sa lfs that is pretty good. They acutaly take care of there fish and know what there talking about.

I always but livestock locally. I just use JL Aquatics for equipment. I did buy my LR from them though. The final shipped price worked to $5.40/LB so it was cheaper than getting it in the city for 7.00 plus GST+PST

I'll glue this thread together. I just added a Euro-Reef CS6-1 to my 30 gallon system....I purchased it at JL Aquatics. Good skimmer and a good place to purchase. This skimmer replaced my Prism Pro and it immediately solved a cyano algae problem that I battled for nearly a year.

I would have guessed that a skimmer this size on my system would be overkill, but it really worked.

Good Point Brad! Thats another thing, be careful what skimmer you buy, Prism's are cheap and I havent heard too much goos stuff about them. Make up your mind on a skimmer and post back here for insight on models you might want to choose from.

ok I got a older skimmer from a friend. was free so cant complain. Says its a "Lee's" protien skimmer. Take the wooden air defuser. Only thing it its apart and the box doesnt really tell ya how to set it up. anyone use these before and know the right way to do it? expecialy with the air lines

My first ever skimmer used an airstone...I replaced it with a the Prism Pro..which then got replaced by the euro-reef.

Replacing the airstones was too much of a pain for me. As soon as the stone gets a bit old, it stops producing fine bubbles and stops being effective. You'll hate it..but it was worth the price you paid!

Back
Top Bottom