skimmer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi all i have a juwel 125 tank i have converted to marine with juwels 3.0 skimmer but i think this is a rubbish skimmer as it fills my tank with micro bubbles and the cup overflows and floods my carpet. iv tried everything to sort this with no sucsess....i am in the process of adding a 10g sump just getting the bits ready first.. what i want to know is can anyone recomend a good compact skimmer i can put in my 10g sump. it needs to be small and able to wwork in low water levels. can anyone help please. also where to get it from
thanks in advance

I haven't had any experience with them myself, but a lot of folks on the boards are partial to the Octopus line. I'm sure there are plenty of online vendors if you do a search.

Similarly, many folks recommend against the Coralife Super Skimmers and the Seaclone line. I have a 65 gallon rated Super Skimmer I use as a HOB, and it works okay, but I wouldn't say great. I don't think I've heard a lot of good about the Marineland ones either.

Sorry I can't be mire helpful, but I've only used about 4 different skimmers. One was a Skilter, which must be used as a HOB. Another was a Lee's, which is used in tank with an air pump, and the other was a Sea life Systems, which was an in sump model Venturi. The Sealife Systems one I had pump problems with and I never had working as well as it should have. Also, it was too tall for the stand I had the tank on, and they don't make that one anymore anyway. I actually am trying to sell it without a pump if you want to give it a whirl, PM me.

Back
Top Bottom