skimmer or canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm more curious where your bubbles are coming from if it's not hooked up :?

The airlines are hooked up to the skimmer just like the picture above.I never changed them.should the airline from the pump go to one of those conections on the skimmer

If you have everything hooked up as pictured above then I would say you have it set up correctly. If you are getting skimmate and aren't getting bubbles everywhere then give it a day or to and see what your results are.

It must be drawing air near the pumps output and since it's still hooked up to the skimmer.

Typically this is done at the pump but it must be at the pumps output to the skimmer. Is there a way to adjust the amount of air coming into the skimmer?

It looks like it is working similar to a becket injector...the water is pushed out of the pump and into the venturi and then into the skimmer body. If you are getting results meaning you are getting skimmate then I say let it run for a day or 2 and see what you end up with in your collection cup!

It's drawing air during at the location of the arrow below. Not sure if you can adjust it.

skimmerfa0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom