skimmer performance.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ducati2242

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive had my turbo blue skimmer going for about 24 hours now and still no froth. I haven't hooked it as the diagram instruction as im short of room. But the horizontal feed pipe (white) is only about 400 mm longer (16 inches) . The height of the pump is as instruction . Ive seen others using them with longer pipes and working great. Do you think I need a better pump , if so which one , or have I got to give it longer.

The whole tank is only about 24 hours old.

Attachments

• DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00150.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 76
I don't see any bubles in that photo. Do you have an air intake that's clogged or not connected?

A new skimmer can take a few weeks to break in and start producing skimmate, but you should see bubbles from day one.

Tank was only 24 hours old at the time . It started skimming for a while but its not now. Tank is 1 week old now and still cycling . Maybe its working but theres nothing to skim. Right side chamber is quite full of bubbles.

tank is a bit new,you don't need the skimmer on just yet but also you should be able to adjust the water flow and air bubbles until the bubbles are in the bottom of the collection cone.

Thats exactly where the bubbles are now . Ive left it running . Should I switch it off till I get my fish in.Heres a couple of pictures as it is now. Sorry managed to get them sidey ways but I think you will get my drift.

Attachments

• DSC00152.jpg
    DSC00152.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00153.jpg
    DSC00153.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00151.jpg
    DSC00151.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 81
wait until your tank has cycled totally add your cuc then turn it on otherwise it looks fine but may not collect for up to 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom