skimmer problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottytoohottie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, i ordered a Eshopps Hang-On Protein Skimmer PSK-75H from dr. foster and smith back in aug, and i am having problems with it, i pluged it in after i cleaned my tank and it wont create any suction. the motor run and thats it? and when i unplug it the water fills up the airline tube, tried messing with airline, impeller sees to be fine, any info will be great thanks??

Hi,...I've got a eshopps hob protein skimmer also,...Unplug the skimmer....first thing is to remove the top cap and fill the skimmers main body about 1/2 -3/4 way with your aquarium water, ....then hold your finger over the opening on the rubber hose coming from the pipe by the motor,.....now plug in the unit....the water should start to rise in the main chamber ,...when it get up to the neck of the collection cup you should be able to release the hose,......the water should stay somewhere near this spot,..you can also adjust the water level by turning the pipe ( with the white dot on it ) connected to the return spout ,...... It usually takes awhile before the unit catches up to itself and operates properly,....maybe a day or so,....mine creates a zillion micro bubbles but usually by the next day everything is back to normal ,.....good luck!!! Dary

yeah i had it running for a few months now and i turned it off to remove the collection cup and it was half filled, then i turned it back on and its like the impeller is not working but i can hear it working so not sure

I have the same one as well and sometimes when I take it off to clean it the same thing will happen. I've noticed that if instead of just blocking off the rubber hose I suck through it, it helps get water flowing faster.

do you fill the skimmer body with water or not? i tryed sucking but all i get is water in my mouth haha but still not working and my tank is getting dirty not fun

Yeah fill the skimmer body about half way and when you suck don't continue sucking just suck till you get all the air out of that line.

yeah i took everything apart and back together like 5 times, impeller, seals, shaft everything is in great shape, the guy from the company wants me to buy a new impeller for it but thats bull crap because its running fine,i only had it fro about a month and after the first few hours of running it worked great, it just doesn't make any suction, bubble, the water just sits in there ?

Back
Top Bottom