Slanting problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisb2011

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I realised after I filled my new Vicenza 260 litre full that the house was slightly slanted and on one side of the tank it's at the fill line and the other side is about 2cm below it is there any way to possibly level it the Vicenza 260 comes with a stand and you can higher and lower it from the floor with the appropriate Allan key but with my tank being full could I adjust it to make it lvl or would I be best just leaving it as it is it's just bugging me would it even be possible with all that wait I'n it?

I took old manila folders and stacked them under my stand while the tank was empty, using a level to test both side to side and front to back. But, since your stand can adjust, do that. It will keep bugging you more and more until you fix it. However, I doubt you'll be able to turn the Allen wrench with all that weight on the stand. You'll likely have to drain it. That's a lot of water to flush down the drain though. If you have somewhere you can put it, that might help (big plastic bins or a new trashcan). You'll probably want to use a long hose and siphon it out.

Mines off by an 1/8", but 3/4" of an inch is a lot. I agree, but don't drain it. Do a 50% PWC, put 25% in buckets and your fish should be fine for the time it'll take to adjust.

Use a crow bar (some kind of lever) and raise the low end till you're level. Then use your allen wrench to adjust the feet to the floor. If they don't extend that far use something solid to fill the space (btw floor & feet).

Refill and you're set.

Mine was off by a 1/4" and I felt that was OK but always bothered me. I had a 55g tank. Eventually I drained 50% of the water out and just used my legs to lift one end while my wife put stuff under the stand on the low side. I never regretted doing it because I hated having the water un-level.

How big of a tank is this? 3/4" is a lot of extra pressure on one end of the tank IMO.

It's 260 litre I'm lvling it out now removed all water it still like 0.1 cm out but that's not to bad tbh is it

Lol... I just realized what I put down. God I feel stupid... oh well! Can I blame public education? :)

Back
Top Bottom