Slow drip of water outside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jojoba

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good day, the last few days I have noticed a really small and slow drip of water from the top left hand corner of my 72 corner tank. It's only 12 months old. So I have been pretty ,uh freaking out all day thinking of a blowout of some sort. I got all my tools ready for a re-seal this evening. I don't notice any defects from the outside at all. I have drained all of the water out well below the drip point, 15 inches below actually. And low and behold, as I sit here watching, the slow drip persists. I have stuck paper towel and colored tissue paper up there after letting the paper towel soak it up. The tissue paper is getting wet from the highest corner point behind the brace, 2 hours after draining. Could it not be a leaking seam after all and just be runoff from condensation in my tank? I do tend to put water pass the bottom of the brace and there is always a lot of condensation on my glass canopy. Could I be freaking out for nothing? I even bought shims and relabeled my tank with a level. I seriously don't want to cut out my seal for nothing and am really doubting my ability to seal it sufficiently and no one at the Lfs wants to try. Helllllllp..... I hope I'm just being narcissistic.

staticmap

Attachments

• image-3139702731.jpg
    image-3139702731.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 95
  • image-3225815160.jpg
    image-3225815160.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 72
If it's still dripping it's probably runoff. My 30 gal does the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom