smallest filter for 1.8g shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheeky_monkey

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for a filter small enough for a 1.8g shrimp tank that's shrimplet friendly. (They're such tiny little guys)

I have a home made sponge filter in there at the moment but it's just not doing the job well enough.

Any suggestions? I've looked in all lfs here and there's nothinga available so I'm having to purchase online.

Have you looked into the one below. Says its from 2 gallons and its external.

Zoo Med Laboratories Nano 501 External Canister Filter 2-10 Gallon

No I've never seen that one along my google adventure, I will take a look. Thanks!

i wouldn't bother with a filter. i would use a sponge filter instead. there are plenty of DIY videos online, or you can buy one. they're also beneficial for shrimps because they love to eat the debris that gets caught to the external sponge. :)

i wouldn't bother with a filter. i would use a sponge filter instead. there are plenty of DIY videos online, or you can buy one. they're also beneficial for shrimps because they love to eat the debris that gets caught to the external sponge. :)

You must have missed it in my first post but they already have a sponge filter ;)

Back
Top Bottom