so i goofed in the excitement of getting a new......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lt.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a tank with a couple chips in some of the corners. Most of them are tiny, but a couple are deep, one is through to the silicone on the inside. Payed $60 for it, BUT it came with an air pump and plates for an undergravel filter, which would have cost me sixty dollars at my LFS. But back on topic, how do I fix these, or can I fix these?

Also, I think the joints n the inside might need resealed, ( tested it and it held water but i don't want to chance a joint giving out in my bedroom) so I was wondering how do you know if this need done? And if it needs done, what do you use to do it? Off the shelf silicone at home depot, or something special? My dad can do it, or teach me to do it, but I don't know what materials are fish safe? I'm doing my one research of course, but maybe you guy know something I
won't find on the internet.

If there deep cracks your going to have to replace the whole piece of glass.and yes you can use silicone from Home Depot just make sure it has no Anti mildew crap. Honestly I would just buy a new tank save your self from the headache and time. Petco has there $1 per gallon sale a couple times a year you might want to look into that

Back
Top Bottom