Solenoid...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Scroggins..

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, i'm pretty sure the solenoid on my CO2 regulator (Milwaukee) is toast... the gas cylinder IS full, i get my pressure on both gauges, and i hear the solenoid click when it gets plugged in and unplugged, but i don't think it's opening and i get nothing through the bubble counter... Anyone know where to get a replacement??? preferably the kind that connects between the regulator and bubble counter, as compared to the inline types.

Thanks for any assistance!

Interesting, if the solenoid is clicking I would think it's working properly.

Make sure you have fluid in the bubble counter so you can see that it's making bubbles (dumb, I know, but sometimes the simplest things...)

Also, remove the top of the bubble counter and then turn it on to see if it starts bubbling then. You may just have a kink in the line or something clogging it from being able to force through.

What is your low-side set to?

there is fluid in the counter, no kinks in line (took top of counter off to make sure), and the left gauge reads about 1000psi...

i suppose i could put the bubble counter directly into the regulator until i fix or replace the solenoid.. anyone see issues involved with that?

the electrical part of the solenoid may be working, but the mechanical side may have broken off.

If it clicks its opening and shuting,can you check you have pressure before the mag valve and after the regulator

gauge on the right won't drop below 95... but i can raise it slightly by adjusting the valve on the regulator.

thanks again for these replies everyone.

yeah, something definately jammed up then.

Be careful if you do remove the solenoid, 95psi is a good amount of pressure to have built up that will have to release at some point. Just be careful when you do it so noone gets hurt.

i've taken everything on the regulator apart, and have come to the conclusion that its the needle valve that is blocked up.. i have air through the solenoid, and it opens and closes without having the needle valve and bubble counter attached. anyone know where i can find a replacement to fit the Milwaukee regulator?

thanks guys.

How old is the regulator? Milwaukee has a 6 month warranty, don't know if that helps, probably not. You might try calling them also, they may have replacement parts.

Great! I was thinking about that link but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere on the net. I remembered reading it - I think it had pretty detailed pics too. That pdf gives good enough directions though. Glad you are back up and running!

Back
Top Bottom