strange sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi!!!Can somebody help me.I have trickle filter.I set up my 90 gal. tank 3 monts ego.Soon i'l have a pictures for you guys.Everything works great.I have just one concern.I have 2 flex 1 inch hoses <they suck water from tank to sump.If i turn walve on the line all the way, they make very loud noise like blurp,blurp.So i keep walve half way close and it is fine.But the filtration is not so strong.Is my pomp to strong or something else.What is the reson for that noise?Thanks.:n00b:

Are you talking about the drain line? That should not be closed at all. Is the noise you hear coming from the overflow? If you have a regular HOB overflow, here's a simple solution to keep it quiet.
overflow-sm.jpg

WOW, an instant Durso. I like that. I just tried your mod on my built in overflow and it works there too. That's amazing! Did you seal the airline going into the cup?

That does work pretty nice, plus you can't beat the cost. I don't have the airline sealed at the top of the cup. I made the hole so it was a tight fit then put a few wraps of tape around it to keep it from pulling out. The airline doesn't have to be that long either, but that was the size of the piece I had laying around.

Back
Top Bottom